SodaStream A Perfect Alternative to Low Sugar Sodas and Sugary Drinks
Do you find yourself constantly craving carbonation and fizzy drinks? You’re not alone. Though it is widespread knowledge that drinking water is essential to leading a healthy lifestyle, many of us struggle to reach for a glass of water instead of a sugary soda. But all is not lost. SodaStream provides the perfect alternative to sweet, bubbly drinks, and makes the transition to healthy hydration much easier and tastier to handle.
The dangers of sugary sodas are real
Commercial sodas often contain ingredients that threaten our overall health and well-being. Sugary soda is high in calories and can contain as much as 15 teaspoons of sugar per serving, with no nutritional value whatsoever. High-fructose corn syrup and aspartame are also found in commercial sodas. The result: a heightened risk of tooth decay, weight gain, heart disease, and other metabolic disorders like type 2 diabetes. Even drinking one or two sodas a day can increase your risk of developing type 2 diabetes by a whopping 25%.
Another danger is dehydration. Soda often contains caffeine, a diuretic that increases our urine production, and consequently affects our ability to absorb nutrients.
Carbonated water as an alternative to sugary sodas
Luckily, healthier alternatives to sugary sodas are widely available, and you don’t have to search far and wide to find them. Carbonated water is just as fizzy and fun to drink, and is good for you too. This is because the refreshing beverage is created by simply combining water with carbon dioxide under pressure. It does not contain any of the following (all found in sugary sodas):
- High fructose corn syrup - A form of sugar often derived from genetically modified corn
- Artificial coloring - Added during the manufacturing process to create aesthetic appeal
- Phosphoric acid - Clear and odorless, used to help balance out the high amounts of sugar in the soda
- Aspartame - An artificial sweetener that tricks the mind into thinking it’s getting sugar, spurring further cravings that can lead to overeating, obesity, and other undesirable effects.
Carbonated water does contain:
- Water - Depending on the source, a natural balance of minerals may be included
- Natural flavours - Different waters from different sources and containing various mineral contents may have unique tastes. You can also add natural flavouring to your carbonated water for a tasty treat.
- Health benefits: Aside from being a good source of hydration, carbonated water can help keep the stomach fuller longer, creating a sense of fullness that contributes to weight loss.
- Carbonated water can also help improve a person's swallowing ability by stimulating relevant nerves>.
To recap - carbonated water is just that - water. However, you can add in your favorite flavouring to make it easier to transition from sugary sodas to a healthier, lower or zero-calorie option.
Introducing SodaStream, the perfect substitute for soft drinks
SodaStream home carbonation machine can turn your ordinary water into carbonated water, quickly and easily. You then have the option to add in your choice of flavours to customize the drink to suit your tastes and preferences. SodaStream’s flavours contain 50% less sugar than most store-bought soda varieties and absolutely no high-fructose corn syrup or aspartame, making it a much healthier alternative to the sugar-packed sodas of your past.
An abundance of flavours
With so many flavour options, SodaStream definitely makes the transition to soda water an easier one. There are even classic flavours you can reach for when you are craving your commercial soda varieties. From Cola to Ginger Ale and everything in between, you are sure to find a classic flavour you will love that will make you miss your usual soda less and less.You decide how much or how little flavour you want to add to your water, ensuring you are in complete control over the calories and sugar - if any - you add to your drink. So, reach for the classics with SodaStream, and start enjoying the perfect sugary soda alternative, today!